Saturday, January 7, 2012

Framed Rupert "Thinking of You" Card






I'm so excited to tell you all that I'm now a new Design Team member for Stamping With the Dragon. This little guy is the framed Rupert image I made as an example for the first challenge of the new 2012 year that features card ideas with frames.

To make the card I used brown and teal American Craft cardstock along with pattern paper and buttons from the Stella Rose Hattie Papers by My Mind’s Eye. The little circle sentiment is a cling stamp from PSA Essentials with a scallop circle cut with my Nestabilities Die from Spellbinders. I used pop dots to lift the buttons and caption off the card base to give it dimension. Rupert was colored with several Copic markers. I used B29, B26, B23, B21, BG11, BG10 and BG0000. The frame and background are colored with E29, E25, E35 and E30. I also shaded in several areas with W0 and W1 to add a deeper shadow. The whole card is inked with Tim Holtz Distress Ink.

Come and Join us at the Stamping With The Dragon Challenge Blog. This week’s challenge is to use a frame on your project. The winner gets 4 free images from the store and if you use one of the Stamping Dragon images, you will be entered into a second drawing for 1 free image and a spot to be a guest design team member. Please stop by all the Design Team blogs to check out our ideas for this challenge. You can find all their links on the left side of my blog.

4 comments:

Meihsia Liu said...

Hi, Katie, your card is fabulous! I love how you color and shade the dragon image.

Anonymous said...

Love the color choice and the papers. Rupert looks great in blue. Welcome to the Design Team and I look forward to seeing more of your work.

Hugs,
Beth

Mary J said...

Hello Katie! What a fab card - I love your colouring and the layout!

Ruth Little said...

I love the cool colors used! It makes this card!