Friday, January 6, 2012

Mushroom Fairy


This card features a prominent image called mushroom Fairy from a sketch by Meredith Dillman. She is an amazing artist who usually draws fairytale and mythical themes that she paints with watercolors. I used my Copics to do this little darling. She also has a lot of white gel pin accents and I’ve brushed bits of Mica Powder on different elements to give them a metallic shimmer. I couldn’t even come close to listing all the Copic colors I used, it was upwards of 30 different markers.

I particularly like the way the mushroom caps came out. I used multiple browns to brush long wispy strokes from the bottom up and then I ran my blender in strokes along the same path to merge the colors together. I used simple brown Bazzill cardstock and went back through with my grey Copic Multiliner to add details in several locations. The green background paper is white cardstock that made into matching green metallic paper with my Mica Powders to match the accents in the image. To do that, I simply brushed the powder onto the paper with a wet paintbrush and then set the powder with my heat embossing gun. The paper took about 3 coats with this same process before it was covered to my liking.

3 comments:

NGCARDS said...

You have a wonderful blog hun! Good luck with our DT Call! xxx

Mary J said...

Wow, stunning colouring!

Christine said...

Katie, you have done it again. You were always my favorite instructor. I miss having you around.