Friday, January 13, 2012

Sparkling Fairy Queen

This lovely image is the “Fairy Queen” from Dragons Lair Designs. She was so much fun to color. For her dress, shoes, socks and wings I used BV000, BV01, BV02 and BV04 with a few underlying brushes of B60 to give the purple a bluish tone. I used B60, BV0000, BV000, R000 and B0000 to add all the radiant shading behind her. Instead of blending this area, I used long strokes to give the illusion that the light was shining from her. She is the queen after all.
The card was made with American Craft cardstock and pattern paper is from the Once Upon a Time Mat Stack by DCWV. I used chipboard flourished cut on my Silhouette Cameo that I colored with the BV04 and lots of paper flowers from Kaiser Craft. The little butterflies are from a DCWV die cut pack I got a long time ago.

To finish it off I added a couple pink bows from ribbon scraps, lots of Star Dust Stickle glitter and several pink gems and pink pearls. I got a little bit carried away with all the embellishments but I love her anyhow.

Just a reminder that the current theme for Stamping with Dragon is projects with frames. Don't forget to click here and enter the challenge.

1 comment:

catherine said...

Wow have just found your blog and it is brilliant You are really creative and have some wonderful things on here. I have become your newest follower and look forward to keeping up with your creativity
x catherine